We’ve been a bit slow to update this blog, but in case you missed it:
We’d been asked over and over again: “When will you have a mobile site?”
As with everything else on Eat.fi, we didn’t want to rush and make just any old thing. We wanted the mobile version to be screamingly fast, clean, and easy to use, while containing everything it needs yet not a thing too many. A haiku, or bouillon, if you will, of the big Eat.fi. This took time to figure out, but we hope it’s been worth the wait.
1. You can find the mobile site at http://m.eat.fi
- Search by restaurant name, location, or type
- Filter by type, price, lunch, and open/closed
- See instantly which places are open/serving lunch
- Reorder your search results by rating, distance, name, and most recently added
- See the restaurant’s basic information and reviews, and where it is on a map
- Find nearby alternatives
2. iPhone app:
The iPhone version of the mobile site lets you take advantage of GPS to locate restaurants near you as soon as you open the application. It’s currently the most popular free Lifestyle application in the Finnish App Store, and was the most popular free application in general for a while as well, with over 5000 downloads.
3. Nokia S60 Widget:
Our S60 Widget also makes use of the GPS in handsets that have S60 Web Runtime with Platform Services installed. It’s available in the Ovi store starting today!